Whether you live in a college dorm, your own house, or a memory care facility, decorating your space is important for many reasons. It’s not just about aesthetics, but it can also impact your mental and emotional well-being, as well as productivity and functionality in your daily life. For example, a clutter-free workspace with good lighting and comfortable furniture can help you stay productive and efficient throughout the day.
One of the best ways to decorate your home is with plants as incorporating plants into your space is not only visually pleasing but can also improve air quality.
So here are four great indoor plants that can add beauty, character, and health benefits to your home.
Snake Plant (Sansevieria trifasciata)
Also known as Mother-in-law’s tongue, this plant is popular for its tall, narrow leaves that add an elegant touch to any room.
Some decorative ideas for snake plants include:
- Arrange several snake plants of different heights together in a corner or on a shelf for a dramatic display
- Snake plants make a statement on their own. Place a tall snake plant on a plant stand in a prominent spot in the room to create a focal point
- Consider creating a living wall or hanging a few snake plants in macrame plant hangers to add some greenery to vertical spaces
Fiddle Leaf Fig (Ficus lyrata)
The fiddle leaf fig has glossy leaves that can be a statement piece in any space.
Some decorative ideas for fiddle leaf fig include:
- Create a gallery wall by using a variety of frames and mix in some fiddle leaf figs or botanical prints to create a cohesive look
- Fiddle leaf figs can be placed in a corner to add height and dimension to a room
- Pair your plant with a piece of furniture, such as a sofa or side table to create a cohesive look
Pothos (Epipremnum aureum)
Pothos is a fast-growing vine with heart-shaped leaves that come in various shades of green that can add a lively touch to any room.
Some decorative ideas for pothos include:
- Pothos plants look great when they are hung from the ceiling in a decorative hanging planter as the long, trailing vines cascade down and create a lush, green display
- Pothos plants are natural climbers, so you can get them to climb up a trellis, wall, or even a piece of furniture such as a bookshelf for a striking focal point
- You can keep your plant on a tabletop in a decorative pot or vase and let the vines trail down the sides for a charming centerpiece
Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum)
Peace lilies have elegant white flowers that can add a calming touch to any room.
Some decorative ideas for peace lily include:
- Add decorative accessories such as rocks, pebbles, or moss to the top of the soil
- Elevate your peace lily by placing it on a stand or pedestal for more height and a dramatic effect
- Use lighting to highlight your peace lily. You can place it near a window for natural light or add a spotlight or uplight to showcase the plant’s beautiful foliage
Decorating your indoor space with plants is a great way to add beauty and style, while also reaping benefits like better air quality.
Leave a Reply